Camp Fire Chicken Fajitas
Tasty and easy camp fire chicken fajitas!
- Dutch Oven
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Bepper
- 1/2 Lrg Red Onion
- 1 Package Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Packet Lawry's Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Pack of Fajita Shells
- 1 Bag Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 Lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 1 Sour Cream (optional)
- Slice all chicken and vegetables for cooking; de-vine and de-seed peppers, chop onion
- Put one tbsp. Olive Oil in the pan (Dutch Oven)
- Sautee Chicken until it is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot when cooked.
- Sautee vegetables with other tbsp. olive oil in oven until tender, or to desired texture. We recommend until the onions are translucent and peppers are a little softer but still crunchy
- Add the chicken and seasoning (per directions on packet, add water per packet) to the vegetables
- Let simmer for five minutes and then serve! Add lettuce, cheese and sour cream to your liking and enjoy!
This was the first recipe Melinda and I made on our first trip and it was simple, fast and absolutely AMAZING!